The Tools for Life homeowner education classes ensure that a wide cross-section of the community can benefit from Habitat for Humanity’s home ownership program. Whether they need a home, are participating in the Habitat home repair program, want to improve their own home or neighborhood, or desire to gain financial stability or quality of life. Everyone is welcome to attend, free of charge.
NOVEMBER 2016 TOOLS FOR LIFE CLASS SCHEDULE:
- Monday, November 7, 2016: Financial Confidence
- Liz Trader and Lauren Corbel with Regions Bank, will lead a discussion on financial stressors, motivators, and will instruct on how to take charge of your money to become financially confident.
- Monday, November 21, 2016: Health Benefits of Tai Chi
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016: RePurposing with the ReStore
- Come watch Missouri State University’s Housing and Interior Design students present an item that they chose from the Restore and re-purposed . Hopefully these projects will spark your creativity to save money and recycle by re-purposing your own item from the ReStore!
DECEMBER 2016 TOOLS FOR LIFE CLASS SCHEDULE:
- Monday, December 5, 2016: Saving for Retirement
- Come and learn why it is important to save for the future and how to get started with a savings plan, from Liz Trader and Lauren Corbel, from Regions Bank.
Registration is required to attended these free classes. To register, contact Morgan Ash, Partner Services Associate at 417-829-4001 x 114.
All parts of Tools for Life depend on the generosity of volunteers and partnerships with other organizations dedicated to our community. We need your participation! To get involved, call 417-829-4001 x 114. To review the Tools for Life class calendar, please download the class schedule. Visit our calendar page for more information on class times and locations.