The Tools for Life homeowner education classes ensure that a wide cross-section of the community can benefit from Habitat for Humanity’s home ownership program. Whether they need a home, are participating in the Habitat home repair program, want to improve their own home or neighborhood, or desire to gain financial stability or quality of life. Everyone is welcome to attend, free of charge.
NOVEMBER 2016 TOOLS FOR LIFE CLASS SCHEDULE:
- Monday, October 3, 2016: Managing Credit
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service will give an overview of credit reports, and steps you can take on your own to manage and repair credit. Take away the skills you need to break the cycle of debt.
- Monday, October 10 2016: Homeowners Insurance
- Do you have trouble making sense of insurance jargon? When does my deductible come into play? What’s the difference between replacement cost and cash value? Come find the answers with Becky Hosp from Shelter Insurance.
- Monday, October 17, 2016: Paying for College and Cars
- Join Cari Oughton, from BancorpSouth, to learn about installment loans, the best ways to use them and how they affect your future.
- Monday October 24, 2016: Fraud and Identity Theft Protection
- See what lengths you should be taking to protect your money and your identity in today’s fast paced world of technology. Learn about modern banking products designed to increase your security with Cari Oughton from BancorpSouth.
Registration is required to attended these free classes. To register, contact Morgan Ash, Partner Services Associate at 417-829-4001 x 114.
All parts of Tools for Life depend on the generosity of volunteers and partnerships with other organizations dedicated to our community. We need your participation! To get involved, call 417-829-4001 x 114. To review the Tools for Life class calendar, please download the class schedule below. Visit our calendar page for more information on class times and locations.