Tools for Life: Class Topics
During these classes, we’ll cover topics such as personal health, available health services, how to effectively and productively resolve conflict, unrealized resources, how to reduce, reuse, and recycle from home, and how mulching can benefit your yard and garden. Gaining a more in-depth understanding of these important concepts will become part of a tool belt you can use to build a better future.
- June 5, 2017: 6:00 p.m. at Woodland Heights Presbyterian Church,(722 West Atlantic Street, Springfield, MO 65803).
- Services Offered by The Springfield Green County Health Department: Come learn about all of the important services provided to our community by our health department.
- June 12, 2017: 6:00 p.m. at Habitat for Humanity Offices (2410 S. Scenic, Springfield, MO 65807).
- Conflict Resolution: Come learn how to approach and resolve conflict while maintaining your cool with Missouri State University’s Center For Dispute Resolution.
- June 26, 2017: 6:00 p.m. at Environmental Resource Center,(290 East Central Street, Springfield, MO 65802).
- Environmental Resources: Learn how you can reduce, reuse, and recycle from home in order to decrease unnecessary waste. Laurie Duncan from The City of Springfield’s Department of Environmental Services will be with us covering the multiple recycling programs in Springfield, including what is recyclable and what is not. Interested to know what your recyclables are converted in to? Want to know how mulching can benefit your yard and garden? Join us to find out!
Tools for Life classes are free and open to the public. Registration is required to attend. Adults only please, no childcare will be provided. To register for a Tools for Life class, please contact Morgan Ash, partner services associate, at 417-829-4001 x 114.
Teach a Tools for Life Class:
All parts of Tools for Life depend on the generosity of volunteers and partnerships with other organizations dedicated to our community. If you’re interested in volunteering as a teacher, please contact Morgan Ash, partner services associate, at 417-829-4001 x 114.