During our annual Hearts & Hammers awards celebration, presented by Atlas Security, we had the opportunity to recognize and honor our top donors, volunteers, and advocates.
Golden Hammer award recipients are among the most valuable Habitat supporters. They have demonstrated their belief in the mission the organization by providing ongoing support and assistance sustaining Habitat for Humanity’s growth. Congratulations to all of our 2016 Golden Hammer award recipients.
2016 Golden Hammer Award Recipients
- Marvin and Janice Jones
- Marvin and Janice generously donated a home and property valued at $60,000. At closing, Janice made the statement that they have been blessed in their life and pleased that they have the ability to help a family with their donation. We look forward to the day that the Jones family can meet the recipients of their generosity.
- Charlie and Mary Beth O’Reilly
- Charlie and Mary Beth donated a home, have supported Tool Belts and Bow Ties for many years, and have given many personal donation to the Habiat ReStore. Their support for our community through their generous donations to Habitat for Humanity of Springfield will continue to make a huge impact in the lives of others.
- Thrivent Financial
- Thrivent Financial is the largest corporate sponsor of Habitat for Humanity globally. Their financial support of our affiliate is now over $260,000 helping to build or repair more than 10 homes in our 11 year partnership.
- Prime Source
- Prime Source has been an ongoing and generous donor; contributing more than $350,000 in products with a variety of hardware items and building materials.
- Pastor Jon Spalding
- While on our Board of Directors, Pastor Jon was a major resource as a member of the Strategic Planning Team and Faith Coalition. He could always be counted on for an invocation, blessing or opening meditation.
- Chris Upp
- Chris joined the board of directors in 2013. He was a frequent attendee at Habitat events and served as chairperson for the construction committee.
- Ann Littell Mills
- During Ann’s six plus year tenure on the board, we saw impressive growth in ReStore revenue from $800,000 to over $1.5 million, we placed 37 families in homes, and saw our home repair projects grow to over 125 projects.
- Rick Windes
- As a long-time member of the board and, especially, the finance committee, Rick Windes brought not only valuable banking and mortgage expertise to the Habitat mission, but was also a super advocate and supporter of our special events and resource efforts.
- Irick Thurman
- Irick helped lead the finance and accounting effort as a long term member of the finance committee, executive committee and treasurer of the affiliated for several years. He was a phenomenal help during the annual audits and budget processes and a solid supporter of the habitat mission.
Hearts & Hammers was celebrated on November 1, 2016 at the University Plaza. The 2016 Golden Hammer Awards were generously sponsored by Elite Mercedes.