During our annual Hearts & Hammers awards celebration, presented by Atlas Security, we had the opportunity to recognize and honor the top donors, volunteers, and advocates.
The Building Lives award is given to organizations and individuals who have demonstrated special dedication to the Habitat mission and have offered resources to help Habitat improving housing opportunities for deserving people in need. Congratulations to all of our 2016 Building Lives award recipients.
2016 Building Lives Award Recipients
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church
- For the past two years, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church has graciously opened their doors to host the Habitat Hold ‘Em. The church is also a member of our faith coalition.
- B & H Industrial Services, Inc.
- As the volume of donations increased at the ReStore the need to replace our aging fork lift became a necessity, B & H Industrial Service provided a $3,550 in-kind donation making the the dream of a working forklift a reality.
- Springfield Sign & Neon
- When the time came to replace our outdated and deteriorating marquee, Springfield Sign and Neon came to the rescue. With their generous in kind donation of $11,500 Springfield Sign and Neon made it possible for us install a new state of the art sign.
- Keystone Building & Design
- From the moment we met Chad Holgerson with Keystone Building and Design, we have been impressed by his kind and generous nature. He welcomed us into his office to discuss the potential of working on the Outdoor Makeover 2015 and we were immediately family. Chad’s passion for the community and pure skill of his industry are next-to-none and we are excited Chad will be back as the presenting sponsor of Tool Belts & Bow Ties 2017 and the Outdoor Makeover.
- Missouri Storm Shelters
- Jeff Olsen with Missouri Storm Shelters was instrumental in ensuring our staff would be safe by constructing and installing a storm shelter in the ReStore this past spring. Not only did they ensure the safety of our physical well-being but also our financial health as well by discounting the shelter by an amazing $10,000.
Hearts & Hammers was celebrated on November 1, 2016 at the University Plaza. The 2016 Building Lives Awards were generously sponsored by ColorGraphic Printing, Inc., and Elite Promotions.