A fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri’s stolen tools valued at $15,000
$15,000 of tools and building supplies from Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri’s stolen truck and trailer will not be recovered. The Greene County Sheriff’s Office and Springfield Police Department recovered our stolen truck and trailer, but tools that are used to build and repair homes in Woodland Heights as part our ongoing Neighborhood Revitalization efforts are lost.
“Without tools, we can’t build and repair homes for residents of Woodland Heights,” said Larry Peterson, Executive Director. “We have to put current projects on hold and we can’t start critical repairs until we can replace our stolen equipment.”
The Grinch who Stole our Tools:
In order to replace our stolen tools, a fundraising campaign was established to purchase necessary tools. Grants and donations from area businesses will supplement private donations to purchase replacement tools. We have filed an insurance claim, but will incur a high deductible.
- Monetary Donations: Give online to our “The Grinch who Stole our Tools” campaign.
- Tool Donations: Please contact Brandi VanAntwerp, Development Director, for further details regarding tool donations. To maintain the quality of the home repair and home building program, HFHS reserves the right to only accept tool donations that maintain proper building standards. 417-829-4001 x 106, email@example.com.
Within a week of the media sharing the news that our construction truck and trailer full of tools were stolen from our offices, our property was found. We are incredibly grateful to our supportive media community for sharing our story.
- KY3/KSPR: Fundraising campaign underway to replace stolen tools from Habitat for Humanity – December 5, 2017
- FOX KRBK: Missing Habitat for Humanity truck found – November 30, 2017
- KTTS: Habitat For Humanity Truck Located, Trailer Still Missing – November 30, 2017
- KY3/KSPR: Police recover stolen truck belonging to Springfield’s Habitat for Humanity; trailer missing – November 30, 2017
- KSGF: Thieves Hit Habitat For Humanity Restore – November 28, 2017
- FOX KRBK: Property Stolen from Habitat for Humanity – November 28, 2017
- KOLR 10: Habitat for Humanity Robbed of Supply Trailer, Truck – November 28, 2017
- KY3/KSPR: Thief steals pickup, trailer full of supplies from Springfield’s Habitat for Humanity – November 28, 2017
Thank you, Community.
We are thankful for the teamwork of the Greene County Sheriff’s Office, Springfield Police Department, the media, and our community for assisting with the recovery of the missing truck and trailer. We are hopeful funds to purchase tools will be raised quickly in order to continue our mission of building and repairing homes for low-income families.