Due to extreme low temperatures, Rock the Block on April 7 has been canceled. We will reschedule the event for a later date and time.
Rock the Block:
We’re going to Rock the Block in Woodland Heights! Join Habitat for Humanity, Thrivent Financial, and the greater faith community as we make an impact in Woodland Heights Neighborhood. Together we will Rock the Block completing home repair projects ranging from yard cleanups, to painting and minor exterior repairs. 100 volunteers from the faith community are needed to be the driving force of this event! Please join us as we put God’s love into action.
- Event – Rock the Block
- Location – Woodland Heights Neighborhood
- Date – Canceled due to extreme low temperatures!
- Time – Canceled due to extreme low temperatures!
- Volunteers – Member of the Faith Community
Why Woodland Heights Neighborhood?
- Woodland Heights is Habitat for Humanity’s targeted area for Neighborhood Revitalization.
What is Rock the Block?
- A one-day event designed to make a targeted impact in a specific neighborhood. As part of Habitat for Humanity’s ongoing Neighborhood Revitalization efforts, a one-block area of Woodland Heights will be the focus of this event. Projects for the day will include yard clean-ups (raking, mowing, trimming of bushes and tress), debris removal, exterior painting, and exterior home repairs.
- Home repair projects have already been identified for this event. If you need assistance with home repairs, please visit our Home Preservation and Repair webpage to review the program requirements. For additional questions about our home repair program, please contact Nancy Williams, Partner Services Director, at 417-829-4001 x 105.
How can I volunteer?
- Targeted to faith based volunteer groups. More than 100 volunteers are needed to complete the scheduled projects for the day! If your faith group is interested in volunteering, please contact Aaron Norrick, Volunteer Coordinator, at 417-829-4001 x 112.
Questions and More Information:
If you have questions, contact Aaron Norrick, Volunteer Coordinator, at 417-829-4001 x 112.