GOING ABOVE & BEYOND – KURT JENTZSCH
We have a great staff, so choosing just one person for the Bravo Award is tough. Each quarter someone is recognized for going above and beyond. Kurt Jentzsch, Construction Coordinator, was selected because he volunteered to teach DIY with a Purpose classes at several Springfield-Greene County Library District branches.
His research, preparation and knowledge of construction was well-received by participants. Kurt has a passion for teaching which shows on build sites. He patiently explains tasks and proper procedures. We’re sure volunteers learn something new when they work with Kurt.
Get To Know Kurt Jentzsch:
- What is your position at Habitat?
- Construction Coordinator
- What are your responsibilities?
- Promoting the Habitat mission, getting the job done well, and keeping everyone safe
- How long have you been an employee?
- One year
- What is the best part of your job?
- Teaching people new skills; seeing the look of hope in the eyes of our clients
- What is most challenging about your job?
- Resisting the urge to do more than what’s on the job scope
- Favorite movie:
- Eraserhead by David Lynch (don’t judge)
- What do you do for fun?
- Audiophile music, playing music, fossil collecting and skydiving
- Favorite music:
- All music really, Peter Gabriel, Primus, King Crimson, Lawrence Welk
- Favorite breakfast cereal:
- Fruity Pebbles
- Which superhero would you want to be?
- The Flash, I think moving that fast would help me with the volunteers.
- Do you have pets? If so, what have you learned from them?
- A sea urchin. I learned they are not very entertaining and they definitely do not like to be cuddled!
- Words to live by:
- “Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.”
If you would like to nominate a staff member for the Bravo Award, please email [email protected] with your nomination.