Build beyond your lifetime. Make a lasting impact on families in need of a decent and affordable place to call home. Make a Planned Gift Today.
“I have worked with Habitat for Humanity through my lifetime, and want this important work to continue, even when I can no longer personally offer my support. I don’t have a lot of money, but my estate should be large enough to give some nonprofits I’ve believed in a small, undesignated boost. Habitat for Humanity tops my personal list.” –Mark
“When I was teenager, Habitat for Humanity changed the direction of my family’s life. As a parent and spouse, I see everyday how the change ripples across generations and continues to impact my young family today. I give now and beyond this life because the generational impact Habitat for Humanity provides should not stop until everyone has a decent home in which to build their lives.” – K. Rosenbury
What is Planned Giving:
Planned Giving is a way of sharing your good fortune; and your time, talents, and treasures to help others.
Finding the best way to give starts with asking yourself what you want to achieve and what makes sense given your financial circumstances. Do you want your gift to:
- Minimize the portion of your estate that goes to taxes?
- Be increased by using extra retirement plan income?
- Take place at the time of your death?
- Occur now so you can see the results?
- Keep your loved ones’ inheritance intact?
- Generate income for your family?
Strategies for charitable giving can vary as much as the individuals behind them. Using one or a combination allows you to act on the values and causes close to your heart while also providing benefits long after you’re gone.
How to Get Started:
If you would like to extend your support of Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri to make a lasting impact, there are several gift arrangements to choose. Whether you would like to put your donation to work today or benefit us after your lifetime, you can find a charitable plan that lets you provide for your family and supports our mission.
We accept a wide variety of gifts including cash, real estate, life insurance, retirement plan designations and securities. Below are some examples of planned gifts that make a significant impact on the hardworking families we are honored to partner with.
- Wills and Trusts: One of the easiest ways to further our vital work is remember us in your will or trust. Known as a bequest, this form of giving is accomplished by working with your attorney to include a few simple sentences in your will or living trust.
- Retirement Plans and IRAs: When you designate us as a beneficiary of all or part of your retirement plan or IRA, the full amount will pass to us free of any income tax liability. To name Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement account for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage of the plan’s value to designate to “Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri”
- Return the form to your plan administrator.
- Life Insurance Policies: You can put a no-longer-needed policy to good use and have flexibility as the gift is revocable at any time should your situation change. To qualify as a deductible gift, Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri must become the policy owner, so forward the change-of-beneficiary form to your insurance company.
With Planned Giving, you have the opportunity to leave a legacy and potentially benefit from tax advantages at the same time. The first step is to develop your personal charitable giving strategy. Contact Brandi VanAntwerp, Development Director at (417) 829-4001 ext 106 to discuss options.
Sample bequest language:
I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri, Inc. [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.
Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri, EIN #43-1470360, does not sell, trade, or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor will we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.