Financial & Estate Planning Seminar:
Attend Habitat for Humanity’s Financial & Estate Planning Seminar to learn how you can prepare for your future. Hear from a panel of professionals featuring Sativa Boatman-Sloan with Law Office of Sativa Boatman-Sloan, LLC & 417 Elder Law, Erin Norris with KPM CPAs & Advisors, and Josh Hartman with Commerce Trust Company.
Panelist discussion includes:
- The difference between Wills & Trusts.
- What supporting documents you need to effectively plan.
- What impact potential tax & estate law changes could have on your finances.
- How advanced estate planning strategies could make sense for your family.
- Date: September 26, 2018
- Time: 9:00 – 10:30 am
- Location: Sertoma Event Center – 1645 W Republic Rd Suite B
- RSVP Required: Please RSVP to Cortney Collins at 417-829-4001 x 115.
What is Planned Giving:
Planned Giving is a way of sharing your good fortune; and your time, talents, and treasures to help others. Finding the best way to give starts with asking yourself what you want to achieve and what makes sense given your financial circumstances. Do you want your gift to:
- Minimize the portion of your estate that goes to taxes?
- Be increased by using extra retirement plan income?
- Take place at the time of your death?
- Occur now so you can see the results?
- Keep your loved ones’ inheritance intact?
- Generate income for your family?
Strategies for charitable giving can vary as much as the individuals behind them. Using one or a combination allows you to act on the values and causes close to your heart while also providing benefits long after you’re gone. Read more about planned giving here.